9.8.10

her talent remains

Photobucket
Photobucket
Annie Leibovitz. Just wow. You personify amazing! I know this shoot that she did for Vogue is what many of you would call old  but I think it is timeless. Its so beautiful that I would love to see Annie Leibovitz shoot for vogue every month with this whimsical, fairytale theme to it. During my film studies class last week we did some talk about Leibovitz and her shoot with the Queen, and to my surprise no one in my class knew who she was. I felt like screaming "DON'T YOU KNOW? SHE IS THE PHOTOGRAPHER WHO DID A MAGICAL ALICE IN WONDERLAND SHOOT FOR VOGUE THIS YEAR!" but of course i restrained myself as there was a girl who interns for Vogue Australia in my class and I didn't want to show her up.. haha totally kidding. but really if you don't know who she is I recommend you firstly scroll down below and check out her work, and secondly watch the documentary of Annie Leibovitz: Life through a lens which you can watch a little bit of here
I remember watching the documentary on her randomly when I was bored at home being like 'Who is this woman?' But I actually fell in love with her work then and there , she is so inspiring - to be able to hold an endless creativity, capture it and share it with the world. She is truly amazing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I think her real genius is capturing the personalities of the designers. To me she has made them come to life and see how playful they really are. She has exposed them for what they are and reminded us that they are not only a a fashion label but fun, creative bodies just like all of us - well I'd like to think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for checking out the world of your Little Lady B. I hope you've left feeling a little bit more inspired :) Your comments do mean a lot to me so thanks in advance!