6.2.11

Like a bird in a cage.

Zimmermann slip and dress, Beau Coops Wedges, Sheike and colette rings and Lovisa Bangles.

I wore this on saturday night to a friends Birthday cocktail party which was filled with classy passion pop, 'roofies on ice',  a beautiful trillion course meal, the most amazing baked cheesecake and most of all, great company and good times. It's times like these I live for.  They are the break between all the chaos of working two jobs... and I don't get many breaks. On another note, saturday night was definitely an opportunity to get dressed up and feel ultra feminine. As you've probably noticed I don't wear much pink or purple, so this bright purple and pastel floral printed dress made me feel like a caged bird a beautiful butterfly. haha -lame- 
Inspired by a customer who was inspired by vogue. I gave this look a try in OPI's Mad as a Hatter and Sportsgirl nail polish. I'm thinking Orange an fluro pink next... colour blocking -- clearly inspired by my previous post.
P.s This thursday I leave for Papua New Guinea for my job as a La Sallian Youth Minister. You might be thinking... What a random? Who is this girl? What is there in Papua New Guinea? wait...What's Papua New Guinea? haha You probably don't understand how I have this job yet love fashion and what to be a stylist -- most people think fashion is for the superficial, I don't seem to think so. Fashion is for everyone. The very reason I want to be a stylist is to help people be more confident, live a happier, better lifestyle and most importantly feel beautiful inside and out. Now this job as a youth minister helps me do the same thing except in a different way. I am not bi-polar, simply girl out on a mission to use her talents to help others. 

6 comments:

  1. aw baz i love the outfit :D
    and the last paragraph of your post, so inspirational xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello gorgeous! Thanks for your lovely message :) Glad to hear you're excited about our store as much as we are DYING to get it out now!!!

    BTW, must say I have not seen this Zimmermann piece your wearing but LOVE IT!!

    Am following your blog now x

    We'll keep you posted via our blog & facebook so STAY TUNED!!

    www.materialattention.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing dress!

    I follow you, hope u follow me back ;)

    http://angystearoom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing dress!

    I follow you, hope u follow me back ;)

    http://angystearoom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello gorgeous! Thanks for your lovely message :) Glad to hear you're excited about our store as much as we are DYING to get it out now!!!

    BTW, must say I have not seen this Zimmermann piece your wearing but LOVE IT!!

    Am following your blog now x

    We'll keep you posted via our blog & facebook so STAY TUNED!!

    www.materialattention.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for checking out the world of your Little Lady B. I hope you've left feeling a little bit more inspired :) Your comments do mean a lot to me so thanks in advance!