16.4.11

Yesterday's adventure

Yesterday Angelica and I ventured out to the city to enjoy the beautiful sydney sunlight.
 Here is how our inspiration day went:
FIRST STOP: The Fabric Store.
The abundance and variety of fabrics always seems to amaze me. 
Although only a fabric store every time I walk in I always seem to be able to spend a hour or too there touching fabrics, dreaming up garments, and flicking through fashion magazines for a little dose of inspiration - although being surrounded by fabrics from designers like Lisa Ho, Therese Rawsthorne, and DKNY is pretty inspiring in itself. I think the best thing about being in there is its like an arena of possibilities with all these different fabrics at hand but its up to your own imagination to give it life. 

Avocado P/U leather jacket, Glassons singlet, Sass & Bide pants, Lovisa necklace,  Kanzi Bag & Betts boots
NEXT STOP: The Powerhouse Museum
Visiting the powerhouse museum is one of those things you do on school excursions, but having heard about the Bruno Benini Fashion photography exhibition late last year , I made it my mission to visit it before the exhibition closed.  
An advertisement for false eyelashes. 5 eggs + false eyelashes = genius.
Photographed by Benini and Styled by his innovative wife Hazel.
Photographed by Benini and Styled by Hazel, Jan Stewart models for Sportsgirl in 1966
The Powerhouse Museum has this great mirror room with ever-changing projections of Benini & Hazel's work.
Along with Benini we made our way to DesignTECH - a showcase of the best  HSC major projects in NSW for Design and Technology in 2010, and Student Fashion that displayed 4 designers/graduates (one each from UTS, Ultimo TAFE, Raffles and Whitehouse) and 2 of their looks from their final collection.
My favourite 2 looks by Anna Westcott from Ultimo TAFE.

Last stop included a trip to Westfield Pitt St: 100 squared, sportsgirl & giving money to the amazing busker that melts my heart... it's love I tell ya! 

Had so much fun yesterday and soon enough you will see where my imagination takes those fabrics. Oh and Angelica is also making some very trendy pants in Glazed Linen 0o0o I'll keep you posted. Let the sewing begin! 

xxo B.

3 comments:

  1. Your comment made me giggle - haha it's too true how much Karen Walker I have in my wardrobe, and it's funny when I go to sell things it's usually the non-karen walker pieces I sell.

    Wish I was going to Sydney for RAFW but.. have a pending USA trip later this year so no overseas holiday til after haha. You going?

    By the way, this sounds like such an incredible day - the museum looks pretty awesome. I'm hopefully going to check out a fashion exhibition next weekend :)

    Happy Monday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eggs are soooooo weird!! But it is an eye-catching ad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those eggs are soooooo weird!! But it is an eye-catching ad!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for checking out the world of your Little Lady B. I hope you've left feeling a little bit more inspired :) Your comments do mean a lot to me so thanks in advance!