16.3.12

A new kind of me.

1. 3.1 Phillip Lim vest | 2. 3.1 Phillip Lim skirt | 3. 3.1 Phillip Lim minute bag | 4. Sam Edelman sandals

Since laying my eyes on the link that lead me to Love Aesthetics last year, I've admired Ivania's monochromatic, minimalist approach and I'd like to take a few notes out of her very clean and crisp aesthetic. Now, I'm not saying I'm going to drop the rainbow and patterns that is my wardrobe but I do want to invest in more structured fabrics, interesting silhouettes and simplistic details (zippers!). My change of thinking may have come at a great time with Mr Phillip Lim bringing out everything that is a perfect balance between colour and design in both accessories and clothing - dreamy. 

And I'll leave it at that before I rant on about how much I really need that buttery pink leather vest. $1185 is just a little out of my price range, I don't want to be borderline broke. That would be a lot worse than having that vest and living on the streets - not a good look (although, it may have just crossed my mind, once, maybe twice). **Back to saving for NYC I go.

Over and out. 
B.

3 comments:

  1. Alice McGenniss-DestroMarch 16, 2012 at 11:38 PM

    gorgeous post you have channelled the Love Aesthetics vibe perfectly! x
    http://catwalkofwords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could never imagine you without some form of crazy print or random pops of colour, so minimalism seemed to be the complete opposite of something you'd aim for, however this outfit, namely that vest, is very you. And as for the price tag, it's nothing a sale wouldn't fix. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great ensemble! The subtle colors and structures go so well together
    it makes me so happy that my blog has served you as inspiration in some way! :)
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for checking out the world of your Little Lady B. I hope you've left feeling a little bit more inspired :) Your comments do mean a lot to me so thanks in advance!