28.5.12

Interning and trying to stand out

Looking for an outfit for my first day of interning at Aussie mag CLEO tomorrow. I got it just last week, so right now I'm busy switching from watching The Voice and flicking through my wardrobe. Pants? or Skirt? Fitted? or Loose? Brights? or Neutrals? - way too much to consider. But if my wardrobe was Polyvore these Galliano houndstooth leggings is what I would be wearing. And because one outfit option is never enough, I've created 3 different variations based on 3 bloggers who's style I adore. Can you guess who they are?

Outfit 1. Taking a note out of the 'More-is-More' lesson book, colour has become my best friend, and clashing patterns have come out to play - yes, it is inspired by the one and only Leandra from The Man Repeller - Master of mixing and matching.  
Target T-shirt | Mary Katrantzou jacket Net-a-porter.com | Balenciaga heels Myteresa.com | Converse hi-tops HypeDc.com | Proenza Schouler bag ssense.com | Assad Mounser necklace yoox.com | Dannijo necklaces and bracelet Shopbop.com | Gold chain Alexmonroe.com | Kate spade bangle nordstrom.com | Barton Perreira Cenci sunglasses OpeningCeremony.com 
Outfit 2. For a more simplistic approach, this sports look is complete with baseball cap and sweatshirt yet paired back with some feminine 50's accessories for that touch of elegance. A different take on mixing and matching and Sandra from 5inchandup shows us how to do this best. 
Weekday sweater from Weekday.com | Galliano leggings Flannelsfashion.com | Alexander Wang heels Shopbop.com | Asos clutch Asos.com | Siri Cap Monki.com | House of Schiaparelli sunglasses fashion.1stdibs.com |
 Outfit 3. A little rock and roll never hurt anyone but this Piranha bag just might. Originally putting this together I had Fashion Toast's Rumi Neely in mind, but I don't think she'd be cool enough to don the hilariously cool patent red Piranha. (Quote: "I'm a PI-RA-NHA. From the am-a-zon" $10 to the person who gets where that's from) Life is to short to live without quirky accessories so hop onto ASOS to get yourself your very own Piranha bag

Madewell Denim Vest Madewell.com | Galliano houndstooth leggings flannelsfashion.com | Arson Flame western boots Topshop.com | Piranha bag Asos.com | Maison Martin Margiela ID bracelet lagarconne.com | Ksubi sunglasses generalpants.com.au | White T-shirt Target

Now, just need to get some houndstooth pants like these. Before tomorrow? ....(im)possible.

5 comments:

  1. Your Only Black SwanMay 29, 2012 at 5:53 AM

    Ahhhh I LOVE this post Bas! Very nice compositions and the styling is spot on! Wishing you all the best on your new internship!

    Oh and btw, I think I win the $10!!! Finding Nemo, scary niece of the dentist with her braces!! den, den, den, den, den, den (*foreboding Jaws tune*)

    x Lauren
    youronlyblackswan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sandra-inspired look! And that piranha bag is amazing but you're right, I doubt Rumi would go near it! ;)

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! You did this really well too :)

    Best of luck for your first day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great styling, love the 5 Inch & Up one too! The piranha bag is amazing, I really want one! Good luck for your first day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh hey stylist ;)
    Love the third pic - those boots and denim vest would be rockin with the houndstooth leggings!
    Love that piranha bag too :)
    Good luck for the interning!

    x Stace

    PS. I've got a giveaway happening to win a House of Harlow ring! I'd love for you to enter!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for checking out the world of your Little Lady B. I hope you've left feeling a little bit more inspired :) Your comments do mean a lot to me so thanks in advance!