10.11.12

Just too Goot to be true


"I'm a slave for you" was possibly the soundtrack of my life leading up to my little sisters graduation ball. I'm not going to lie, I did enjoy the dress sourcing, makeup-booking, planning and errand running that was involved. But lets just stop and talk about my favourite part of the entire process - dress shopping! It all started with an idea and originally Angelica had her eyes set on this Carla Zampatti gown but after many hours of looking through racks of dresses we forgot about the gown and landed ourselves exploring beautiful lace dresses from Lover in The Strand Arcade. 


At that point, I had voted for the Wiccan lace dress on the left, dad and mum voted for the Serpent dress in the middle but the mini Wiccan dress in black was just so chic and Angelica was left tangled in-between all her intricately detailed choices. We left Lover feeling undecided and headed to The Intersection on Paddington's Oxford St to visit the newly opened Josh Goot store. 
With images of Vogue Fashion editor Christine Centenera wearing what I thought was a dress from Josh Goot's resort collection (see here), I instantly thought - Angelica! It was elegant, fun and everything I knew Angelica would love. Initially she had her doubts about wearing a corset and skirt, but upon seeing the Flower Bomb corset in-store she was drawn to it like a mouse is to cheese! They may not have had her size in-store, she may have barely even tried it on, but she knew she had found the one. To say she decided in an instant is an understatement. 

My next mission was to find a perfectly draped black skirt with a split, jewellery and heels to complete her look. In the end we kept it simple and styled it back with a black Stylestalker skirt from The Iconic, Mimco earrings, Zara clutch and Topshop heels. We did buy this Peter Lang necklace, but ditched it last minute for Angelica's favourite earrings instead. 

It was a beautiful day (for her). While she was getting her hair upstyled at Renya Xydis I was wishing I got mine done too buying her blueberries, bandaids and formal underwear - yes please nominate me for greatest sister of the year. And while she got dolled up in her Lana-Del-Ray inspired look at Illamasqua I ran out to Pandora to buy her best friend a little 'I'm sorry - blame the HSC, but I forgot to order you a corsage' present. 


She just looked so beautiful! My little munchkin is all grown up & I'm so proud!

2 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job miss and your sister looks stunning!
    Ah if only I was into fashion in my high school years - I'd definitely have chosen something Goot/ Ellery/ Dion/ Lover to wear.
    Bet she was the best dressed there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angelica looks beautiful! Hahaa, you definitely deserve a huge pat on the back and the best sister award. My sister would've just told me to find something in my closet lol. The split skirt was a great choice and paired well with the corset.

    K xx
    royalfuchsiakohl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for checking out the world of your Little Lady B. I hope you've left feeling a little bit more inspired :) Your comments do mean a lot to me so thanks in advance!